Sharp and sudden pain or discomfort in your teeth when they are exposed to too hot, cold, sweet or sour condition is called tooth sensitivity. It usually happens when the tooth enamel gets worn down and gumline recedes exposing the underlying dentin.
According to Dr.Ranjitha Mukund, these are the 10 factors that can cause sensitivity in your teeth:
- Use of hard bristled toothbrush can wear down enamel exposing dentin which leads to teeth sensitivity
- Dental diseases such as gingivitis/periodontitis can cause inflammation of gums resulting in exposure of roots of the teeth
- Harsh or prolonged brushing (abrasion) can lead to sensitivity
- Foods and drinks with high acid content can contribute to teeth sensitivity to a large extent
- Damaged or fractured teeth can cause bacteria to enter the pulp causing inflammation
- Tooth decay near the gumline can lead to teeth sensitivity
- Teeth grinding or bruxism can cause wearing down of enamel exposing dentin tissues
- Teeth whitening products can contribute to sensitivity problems
- Long term use of mouthwashes with acid content can cause sensitivity
- Some dental procedures and processes such as teeth cleaning, root planning, crown placement can make teeth sensitive.
In case you have any more questions regarding teeth sensitivity, watch our video below or contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111. (860)-865-0056. lies from Berlin find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund.We also service patients from surrounding areas including Farmington, Newville and Cromwell.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|