Did Your Crown Come Off? Learn 5 Reasons Why
When your dental crown gets dislodged from your tooth, you immediately think that the dentist did a faulty job.. However, there are many other reasons which can cause your crown to fall off. These include:
- Decayed tooth – The tooth underneath your crown can get decayed with caries that can cause loosening of crown, eventually making it fall off.
- Breakage of crown – Some eating habits such as eating hard food items or trying to open bottles with crowned teeth can cause your crown to break or crack.
- Continuous chewing of sticky food – Continuously chewing sticky foods like candy or jelly can loosen the bond between the tooth and the crown, thus causing the fittings to dislodge.
- Loss of tooth structure – Loss of tooth structure can occur due to formation of caries or fracture in the tooth, leading to dislodgement of crown from the tooth surface, causing it to fall.
- Faulty crown preparation – Faulty preparation of crown can cause defects in the placement of crown on tooth, which can lead to loss of crown too.
However, when you lose your crown, there is no need to panic. Take the crown to your dentist who will fix it back.
To get dental crowns , please feel free to contact or visit Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056. Families from East Berlin find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund.We also services surrounding areas including West Hartford , Weathersfield and Glastonbury.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|