Americans spend around $775 million on toothbrushes per year! Yet, most people use just one or two toothbrushes per year. Dr Ranjitha from Green Meadow Dental, Newington, CT 06111 gives you the most common signs that tell you it’s time to replace your toothbrush. And don’t forget, the same rules apply, whether your toothbrush is an electric wonder gizmo or just plain old-fashioned plastic.
1. Frayed or worn bristles– Do the bristles of your toothbrush look like a chewed up twig? Do the ends look damaged, or are the bristles bent at odd angles? If the answer to any of these questions is a yes, then change your toothbrush.
2. Bristles falling out – More than a few bristles falling out is a sure sign of an old toothbrush.
3. Toothbrush is more than 3 months old –Frayed or not, dentists recommend that you replace toothbrushes every 3 -4 months.
4. Bristles have turned hard– Bristles are made of synthetic polymers like nylonor polyester. Bristles tend to harden gradually with use. Very hard bristles can hurt your gums or wear out the enamel of your teeth. Rough or hard bristles are a sure sign that you need a new toothbrush.
5. You have just recovered from an illness – Your toothbrush picks up all the good and the bad microbes in your mouth these bacteria, viruses and fungi. These can survive on your toothbrush for weeks, especially if your toothbrush stays moist for long periods of time. So it’s a good idea to replace your toothbrush is you have been ill with an infectious disease say, the flu, if you want to prevent a relapse.
Many people from Portland come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.
To dental hygiene services, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3569B Berlin Turnpike, Newington CT 06111 (860)-865-0056. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Newville, Rocky Hill and Farmington.
Watch our video below to know more about choosing the right toothbrush:
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|