With an increase in our ageing population, diet and lifestyle changes more and more people are suffering from tooth problems. One of the most obvious problems of tooth loss is aesthetics, which have psychological and social consequences. Not only that, there is more happening in the area where we lose teeth. Tooth loss can affect more than facial aesthetics, such as loss of function and health.
Common problems from loss of teeth:
- Difficulty in chewing
- Altered speech due to increased gaps between teeth
- Supra-eruption of tooth, where a tooth grows right out of socket, due to lack of any opposing force.
- Movement of adjacent teeth into the empty space
- Accumulation of food particles between moved teeth
- Resultant caries and periodontal diseases
- Bone reduction in the empty spaces
- Resultant cosmetic and functional problems such as increased cheek biting due to collapse of cheek into the empty spaces in the mouth
- Increased ulcerations due to excessive accidental biting of tongue
The solution for missing teeth is to find its replacement. This way you can not only restore your look but also can prevent dental problems.
- Dentures or false teeth are made of acrylic or plastic material or metal substances and is one of the alternatives to replace your missing teeth. They snugly fit on the gums and avoid any potential problems associated with formation of gaps.
- Dentures improve functionality – Modern dentures are not only aesthetically pleasing but also are comfortable and fully functional.
- Dentures have a variety to choose from – You can choose from different types of dentures available depending on your needs. If you have lost most or all of your teeth then complete dentures is what you want. If you want to fill in the gaps of several missing teeth then partial dentures are suitable. There are also implant supported dentures available for patients who want non-removable dentures.
Dentures also improve your oral health. They support the facial structures and muscles and reduce oral bone loss. With improved self- esteem you can now be more social than ever.
To get affordable dentures, contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, phone: (860)- 865- 0056 or keep reading our blogs! Families from Berlin find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We also serve patients from surrounding areas including West Hartford, Meriden and Portland.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|