Learning the right way of brushing is the first step in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. “Improper brushing leads to tooth decay and gum problems and hence a major cause of tooth loss.” says Dr. Ranjitha Mukund, Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111.
Here are some important steps to help you brush your teeth correctly and effectively:
- First start with the outer surface of your teeth, placing the toothbrush at a 45° angle along the gumline. Brush gently, keeping bristles in contact with both the tooth surface and the gumline.
- Gently brush all tooth surfaces using back and forth rolling motion. It is an effective way of brushing teeth where the brush makes contact with the gumline and is moved downward towards the chewing surface.
- To clean inside of the front teeth, tilt brush vertically behind the front teeth and make several up and down strokes using the front half of the brush.
- To brush the biting surface of teeth, place the brush against the biting surface and use a gentle back and forth scrubbing motion.
- Be sure to brush all teeth gently as harsh brushing will harm your teeth and gums.
- Brush your tongue from back to front to remove odor producing bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
- Be sure to reach your back teeth and brush them properly too as they are the most neglected ones.
Now that you’ve learned about correct brushing techniques, a little discipline is required in practicing it every day.
For oral hygiene needs, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berline Turnpike, Newington CT 06111. (860)-865-0056. Families from Newville find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund.We also service patients from surrounding areas including Glastonbury, Berlin and Hartford.
Watch our video to learn brushing the right way.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|