You may feel overwhelmed to see so many toothpaste options available at the grocery store or pharmacy. However, remember that the best option is the one which suits your dental needs perfectly.
Here are some of the vital points to be considered while selecting your toothpaste:
- Anti-cavity – Fluoride is an essential ingredient of all toothpastes as it helps in preventing the decay of teeth by strengthening the enamel.
- Anti-gingivitis – Anti-gingivitis toothpastes are the ones that help to reduce disease-causing bacteria in oral cavity, and therefore are very important in controlling the occurrence of gum diseases.
- Desensitizing – Desensitizing toothpastes help to reduce the pain by blocking the tooth’s pain signal to the nerve. This type of toothpaste thus helps in relieving the pain associated with sensitivity problems.
- Tartar control – Tartar control toothpastes help in preventing build-up of tartar and thus reduce the plaque formation.
- Whitening agents – Whitening agents are chemical agents that remove surface stains from teeth and help to maintain the natural color of your teeth. However, people having sensitivity issue should consult a dentist before opting for such toothpastes.
Along with the above features, you should look for the American Dental Association (ADA) seal on your toothpaste which guarantee the best quality and impact on your oral health.
For more information, please contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (860)-865-0056 . Many people from Berlin come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.
We also service patients from surrounding areas including Portland, Glastonbury and Wethersfield.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|