Wisdom tooth extraction, although is a routine surgical procedure, takes about two weeks for the patient to heal and recover fully after the extraction. Post surgery, patients usually experience swelling, stiffness and pain in the jaw. Thus, taking proper post-operative care is very crucial for painless and complication-free recovery.
Following are the important post-operative care tips to ensure quick and better recovery from wisdom tooth extraction:
- Take painkillers as prescribed by your dentist, which will help to reduce pain to a great extent.
- Avoid indulging in strenuous activities, which can increase your pain..
- Avoid rinsing or spitting, which can dislodge the blood clot that essentially helps improve the healing process.
- Try to eat soft and liquid food with no spices.
- Use soft pillow to rest your head at night.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking immediately after the procedure and for the next 24 hours.
Along with the above precautions, a follow-up appointment with your dentist is necessary.
If more information on wisdom tooth extraction, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111 (806)-865-0056. Many people from Meriden come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.We also service surrounding areas like West Hartford, Cromwell and Rocky Hill.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|