A dental procedure like removal of a tooth from its socket can be a painful and distressing experience. “Before opting for tooth extraction, every effort will be made to eliminate the disease and retain the tooth. However, in some cases, a tooth extraction becomes inevitable”, says Dr. Ranjitha Mukund, Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111.(860)-860-0056.
Six reasons why tooth extraction becomes necessary:
- A crowded mouth – Your dentist will recommend tooth extraction if your mouth is too crowded. Removing the extra teeth will ensure that the rest of the teeth grow properly without getting infected.
- Severe and extensive decay – In case you are suffering from severe and extensive tooth decay, the infection can spread deep into the pulp damaging nerves and blood vessels of the teeth. So to prevent further spread of infection to the bone and surrounding teeth, extraction of that particular tooth becomes necessary.
- Gum disease – Gum disease (periodontitis) causes infection of the tissues and bones around the teeth, resulting in loosening of one or a set of teeth. Then it may become necessary to extract the infected tooth or teeth.
- Tooth trauma – In conditions when your teeth are extensively damaged due to some trauma or accident leading to broken or cracked teeth where repair and restoration is not possible, it is advisable to remove the teeth by extraction.
- Orthodontic treatment – Some orthodontic treatments which involve implantation of braces may require tooth extraction to facilitate space for proper teeth alignment.
- Impacted wisdom teeth – Removal of impacted teeth is one of the common extraction procedures as the presence of impacted tooth can lead to decay of adjacent teeth, bite interference and gum diseases.
In case you have more questions regarding tooth extraction, watch our videos below or contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111.(860)-865-0056. Families from Hartford find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. We also service patients from surrounding areas including Kensington, Berlin and Southington.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|