Out on a road trip, camping or a sleep over at your buddy’s place? But, then a dreaded moment comes when you realize you forgot your toothbrush! Hopefully, if you are near a store, you can pick up one but if you want to clean your mouth in a jiffy, try these alternatives:
- Swishing your mouth with clean water for two minutes, will not “clean” your mouth but will get rid of large chunks of food which could cause foul mouth odour if left too long.
- Chewing on a piece of sugarless gum can naturally clean your mouth. Sounds weird but it is true! Saliva is a natural cleaner, as it contains enzymes that prevent the growth of germs on teeth and gums. It helps to wash away food particles and debris which are the primary cause of bad breath, tooth decay and gum disease. The more you chew, the more saliva is produced.
- Keep away from foods that are loaded with sugar. Bacteria thrive and grow by using sugar as their source of energy. By consuming starchy food you would be accelerating the growth of germs which can cause a lot of damage to the teeth. On top of this, you would have missed your regular brushing schedule. So, it’s double trouble for your teeth!
- Look for alternative cleaning tools like a piece of paper towel could be wrapped around your fingers to gently clean your teeth in circular motions.
- You can also use a pinch of baking soda in a glass of water to swish around your mouth. Baking soda helps to dislodge germs sticking to your teeth in the form of plaque and is a natural teeth whitener! Be cautious not to overdo this as it can make your teeth sensitive and irritate your gums.
Ultimately, you should remember to get your hands on a toothbrush and scrub those teeth squeaky clean! It’s ideal to carry an extra toothbrush when you are on the go. A variety of travel toothbrushes are available in stores which are compact and small sized, easy for you to carry in your purse or backpack. So next time you plan for a vacation or a sleep over, have toothbrush at the top of your packing list!
To know more about oral hygiene and teeth cleaning, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579B Berlin Turnpike, Newington CT 06111, (860)-865-0056. Many people from Rocky Hill come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.
We also serve patients from areas that include East Berlin, Hartford and Cromwell.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|