Thanksgiving dinners are what we all look forward to every holiday season. It’s wonderful to surround yourself with fun stories, yummy food, family and friends. But this time of the year can be hard on your mouth and teeth as we indulge in all the deliciousness around. Eat your grandma’s apple pie while we suggest some healthy alternatives that are good for your teeth.
- Eat your turkey – Turkey meat is rich in proteins. It’s good for your body and your teeth. It’s also known to strengthen your bones.
- Love potatoes – Sweet or mashed potatoes are a great source of vitamins. These are different from other starchy food as they are not sticky. Sticky starchy food is a haven for tooth decay causing bacteria.
- Plate out crudités – The chewy crunchy raw vegetables increase the saliva flow in your mouth washing away food debris and cleaning your mouth at the same time.
- Include cheese and other dairy products – Cheese is a great source of calcium. It also acts as a buffer against high acidic food and drinks like wine. Cheese and other dairy products also have casein that fortifies the tooth surface and prevent cavities.
- Eat orange food – Include the color orange in your diet. Pumpkins, squash, carrots and other orange vegetables are a good source of vitamins, especially A. Our body uses vitamin A to form tooth enamel.
- More onions please – Onions when eaten raw kill the decay-causing bacteria in your mouth. But be careful when you blow your goodbye kisses!
- Chew on cranberries – Cranberries have enzymes that fight tooth decay. They are also a rich source of vitamins that guard your teeth. Make some cranberry sauce while keeping a check on the amount of sugar.
- More dessert options – Arrange a platter of pear and serve it with some honey yogurt dip. It’s one sophisticated alternative for sugary desserts.
Families from Hartford find the easy drive to Newington well worthwhile because or our expertise and modern facilities, our friendly dental team and the relaxing disposition of Dr. Mukund. To know more about healthy food options this holiday season contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, (860)-865-0056 . We also serve patients from areas that include East Berlin, Farmington and Cromwell.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|