Out of the many options available for improving your smile your dental care specialist may opt for something that’s less invasive. One such option in cosmetic dentistry is dental bonding which is quite popular with patients. This method uses the application of a composite resin material on the surfaces of a tooth that may have cosmetic imperfections such as unattractive gaps between teeth, chipping of a tooth, small cracks, tooth discoloration, etc. It’s also used to correct areas of tooth decay to achieve that perfect smile.
Your teeth are cleaned and scuffed so that the resin sticks to the teeth better. Your dentist then mixes the resin to match it with the color of your teeth. Once the preparation is complete, he directly paints it over the tooth that needs a ‘face-lift’. The treated tooth is then dried using ultra-violet or lasers, further shaped and polished to make it look as good as new.
Here are some advantages of using dental resins:
- It is the least expensive cosmetic dentistry procedure.
- While enhancing the aesthetics, there is absolutely no removal of enamel which further helps in retaining the natural health and structure of the teeth.
- Dental bonding procedures are less expensive than porcelain veneers.
- As the procedure just takes 30-60 minutes per tooth, it can be completed in a single appointment.
- While performing the procedure, you are not given any anesthesia unless it includes filling a cavity.
To know more about dental bonding and other cosmetic dentistry procedures, contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, phone- (860)- 865- 0056. Many people from East Berlin come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children. We also service areas including Berlin, Farmington and Portland.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|