Dental implants are replacements of tooth roots. They are often the first choice and standard of care to restore missing or damaged teeth as they provide a strong foundation for fixed or removable replacement teeth.
Why replace a missing tooth?
Replacing a missing tooth is important for your overall health and for the health of your other teeth. With a missing tooth you lose your normal chewing ability and therefore strain the neighboring teeth. Un-replaced teeth also cause other teeth to be lost or crowded along with other subsequent problems. There are also obvious problems of poor appearance which might become a reason for embarrassment. Below are some advantages of dental implants that you would like to know:
- Best replacement for natural teeth – Dental implants restore the natural look in the best possible way by replacing your tooth with an artificial one that looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth.
- Built to last – They last a lifetime when properly placed and care for. All they may need is periodic adjustments.
- Smile wide – No more worrying about that missing tooth or those removable dentures.
- Look beautiful – Without teeth your face sags and appears to be sunken and sad. With implants you retain the natural shape of your face and also your smile!
- Protects your jaw bones – Gaps in the mouth after losing a tooth or teeth may also cause loss and deterioration of your healthy jawbone. Without a tooth to support, jawbone deteriorates, losing its strength. Implants on the other hand preserve the natural bone stimulating it to grow.
- Flawless speaking – You tend to speak funny when there are gaps in your mouth due to tooth loss. Speak easy with implants that function like natural teeth.
- Say no to cavities – Implant-restored crown or replacement tooth are cavity resistant. You still need to take care of your implants as you would for your natural teeth.
- Protect your healthy teeth – Placing implants protects the neighboring healthy teeth from shifting to the gaps created by missing tooth.
Many people from Hartford come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.To know more about dental implants contact Green Meadow Dental at 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, (860)-865-0056. We also serve patients from neighbouring areas like Farmington, Kensington and Plainville.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|