Dentures are removable dental appliances that are used as a replacement for missing teeth. They are available in two forms: complete and partial dentures. Complete dentures are those that are used when all the teeth are missing, whereas partial dentures are recommended when some of the natural teeth exit in the mouth.
Whatever the type of dentures you may use, if you take good care of your dentures and maintain them in properly, your dentures will last longer. Following are the tips that will help you to keep your dentures in proper condition:
- Brush your dentures regularly with a soft-bristled toothbrush, especially after eating. In case you have partial dentures, you have to brush them along with your natural teeth.
- Clean your dentures regularly to prevent staining. Regular cleaning will also help to remove food particles adhering to it. Use only ADA approved cleaning products for dentures as other products may cause abrasion.
- Remove your dentures before going to bed as leaving them in the mouth overnight can cause infections of the oral tissues.
- When you are not using your dentures, keep them moist in a container with water or an approved cleaning solution. Drying of dentures can cause them to lose their shape and make them fit improperly.
- Use only lukewarm water for rinsing your dentures, because hot water can alter their shape.
In case your dentures lose their shape for some reason and do not fit properly, stop using them. Poorly fitting dentures can cause oral problems such as mouth sores, pain and burning sensation. Therefore, it is suggested along with the above-mentioned tips, you need to see your dentist regularly to avoid such problems.
Just because dentures are not your real teeth, don’t neglect them. Remember, like your natural teeth, your dentures do require regular and proper care to maintain them in proper condition.
To get affordable dentures and senior citizen discount on dental treatment, contact Green Meadow Dental, 3579 B Berlin Turnpike, Newington, CT 06111, (860)-850-0056. Many people from Southington come to our office because we are conveniently located next to Target. Our flexible hours and family dental practice makes it easy for busy families to schedule visits for both parents and children.We also service patients from surrounding areas such as Farmington, Rocky Hill and Glastonbury.
Posted on behalf of
3579B Berlin Turnpike
Newington, CT 06111
Phone: (860) 865-0056
Email: [email protected]
|MON:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|TUES:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|WED:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|THURS:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|FRI:||9:00am - 5:00pm|